Friday, December 18, 2009

Never judge a book by its lover

via Book Bench, this handy list of authorial stereotypes

Apparently I'm a confirmed 90's literati with good taste in music, wine and bondage who didn't fit in as a kid, as a result of which I now avoid cream cheese with tenacity and thinks John Cusack movies are dubious, but who Lauren Leto would like to sleep with anyway (and who can blame her).

I'm also a high-school professor with either an undergraduate degree in English or a master's degree in French (I can't remember which because I spent most of college making out with other girls and writing it all down in a journal), but we'll let that pass.

8 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

i was this close to listing out the same things. i stopped when it came to "People who love buying drinks for their friends. See also, people who cringe when they see their bar tab."

;)

Cheshire Cat said...

I moved to Thailand for the drug scene. And feel real sorry for those who didn't...

Anonymous said...

1. Obviously I missed the Girls Gone Wild thing in college. No wonder I have a thing for Martha Argerich. And recently, Tilda Swinton. Ah, Tilda. Ah, Jane. Ah, Charlotte.

2. Damn you, Sydney "It is a far far better thing" Carton.

n!

Falstaff said...

Meghana: There's always a catch, isn't there?

Cat: Ah, Thailand. The Caterpillar's own country.

n!: Yes, I figured you'd be a Dickens fan.

And with you on Argerich. Did I mention that I just bought a 15 CD set of her DGG recordings?

Space Bar said...

if i list all the things i am according to this list, it becomes clear that 1) i cannot possibly exist or 2) i am sybil.

tchah.

km said...

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Guys I want to sleep with. (The difference between the two Russian authors lies in the fact that I think the Underground Man is sexier than Pierre Buzukhov).


NOW they tell me?

Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana said...

Edit:

@Km. Dostoyevsky lover here, thus:
I am one of the guys she wants to sleep with…in spite of the fact that I am an only child with the Oedipal complex, which also explains why I am sooo into bondage. Not to forget that I sleep in my mom’s basement, which comes in handy since I am a lover of crossword puzzles too.
Oh, btw, did I mention that I like Virginia Woolf? And she still wants to sleep with me. (grin!).