Friday, June 09, 2006

Montag, Dienstag, Megha'stag

I am thinking about...

...murdering Megha for tagging me.

I said...

...I am thinking about murdering Megha for tagging me. What are you, deaf?

I want to...

...write a triolet
Or maybe even a sonnet
I know free verse is easier, yet
I want to write a triolet
I'll do it too, yes sir, you bet,
I give you my word on it.
I want to write a triolet
And now...oh, darn! that's torn it.

I wish...

...for the cloths of heaven. Or, failing, that, a clean handkerchief.

I miss...

...the 8.15 bus every #@$% morning

I hear...

...the phone ringing. Sorry. Be right back.

I wonder...

...what thou and I did till we loved. Were we not born till then?

I regret...

...that I have only one tag to write for my country.

I am...

...the Walrus

I dance...

....minimalistically. And very fast. To the average observer this complex and subtle sequence makes it look as if I'm standing still, but this is only because the average observer is a philistine who wouldn't know Njinsky if Njinsky stepped on his toes.

I sing...

...the body electric.

I cry...

...your mercy - pity - love! Ay, love!

I am not always.

In fact, I am often never.

I make with my hands...

...a secret pact, promising never to tell one what the other is doing.

I write....

..."I write" and then I write ""I write"" after it.

I confuse...

...justice with mercy and discretion with valour. Or was that justice with valour and discretion with mercy? Or justice with discretion and mercy with valium? Oh, damn.

I need...

...help

I should try...

...and try and nah! forget it.

I fini


Categories:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

giggle, I know this is a whimsy post, but I find it really funny.
your rant about the 6/6/06 was hilarious too.

drifting leaf said...

very interesting fal...

dazedandconfused said...

You made a stupid tag interesting. Shouldn't do it too often you know, might encourage people.

Falstaff said...

sowmya: Thanks

leaf: ah, well, you have megha to thank

sudha: Thanks. Though personally I find the fact that I free-associate the phrase "I am" with the Beatles a little disturbing. I would have preferred something more along the lines of Ich bin ein Berliner.

d&c: that's all right. Stupid tags are useful for days when you feel like being random and can't figure out what to write

Space Bar said...

nice!