Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Field of Eternal Rye

"Boy, when you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody."

- J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye


R.I.P.


Update: Via the Book Bench, twelve Salinger stories in the New Yorker.

5 comments:

km said...

R.I.P.

//And that makes us all phonies.

Space Bar said...

now he's gone, how do we measure privacy?

hopscotch said...

What a book! What an author!

R.I.P.

Anonymous said...

Space Bar:

On measuring Privacy:

1 - The Kardashians?

n!

Space Bar said...

n!: of course, that's one way of doing it, but only if it means i don't have to actually watch any of it. *shudder*