Thursday, April 30, 2009

Closure

"You can't just walk away from this!"

"Why not? I'm not involved."

"What?!"

"Not publicly involved."

"Not yet. But I could expose you."

"You could try."

"Someone would believe me."

"Most people wouldn't. Besides, what would be the point? I lose everything and you get nothing."

"I get nothing anyway."

"Not true. If you don't expose me I could help you."

"Ya, right. Like I'm going to rely on your promise."

"It wasn't a promise. It was merely an observation."

"So you won't help me."

"I might."

"You bastard!"

"I'm only thinking of what's best for us."

"What's best for you, you mean."

"No, best for us. Better for me, but that's just coincidence."

"Sure. I suppose you think this whole thing is just coincidence."

"No, I think it's a mistake. There's a difference."

"Maybe I don't care what's best for me. Maybe I just want to see you suffer."

"Maybe you do. Actually, I'm sure you do. Now. But you'll regret it afterwards."

"I don't think so."

"Are you willing to take the risk?"

"What risk? I've got nothing to lose, remember."

"Oh, but you do."

"Like what?"

"Hope?"

"Oh, come on."

"All right then. The possibility of revenge. It's the same thing."

"You think you're going to get away with this, don't you?"

"And you think I'm not. That's why we're so perfect for each other."

"I'll make you pay for this."

"Sure. But you need to make sure that when you do I can still afford it."

"This doesn't end here."

"Oh, I think it does."

No comments: