Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Exultate Jubilate

If you can't rely on Mozart, who can you rely on?

Managed to get myself all blue and depressed yesterday (Depression "is an art, like everything else. / I do it very well / I do it so it feels like hell / I do it so it feels real / I guess you could say I've a call"), so decided the only thing to do was turn off all the lights and listen to Mozart's Exultate, Jubilate (K.165). By the time I got to that last towering Alleluia I could feel myself soaring again, I was so prodigiously, dizzily happy.

Thank God for Mozart.

Or rather, Thank Mozart for God.

P.S. So now the only thing that cheers me up when I'm blue is the sound of a castrato singing. Great, just great.

9 comments:

Mrudula said...

I know exactly what you mean. MS subbalakshami singing the Annamacharya Kirtanas, Balamuralikrishna rendering Ramadasu Kirtanas or Chittibabu playing both the above Kirtanas on the Veena...my idea of bliss.

Falstaff said...

Neela: Hmmm...Roxette and rap - what was it Shelley said about two self-canceling poisons in a cup?

never thought the day would come when you would be lauding Celine Dion over Mozart. Tsk. Tsk. How the mighty are fallen.

Falstaff said...

Tch! tch! how blood thirsty you are woman. What did Celine Dion ever do to you (except pollute the air everywhere you went with her inane shrieking...hmmm...can I get in on this rap project? I could be one of those people who make vague scratching noises on the disc. I've always wondered how you describe that: "I'm a musician" "Really? Strings, wind or percussion?" "Scratch".).

Will forgive you the gore for the glorious idiotte. Such an apt description

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Tri cities audi dealership mitsubishi eclipse 1994 true 3d dental chart software Acyclovir volume of distribution clinical southampton audi T shirt affiliate marketing percocet 54543 Slots online free play no download video slots

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Travelers homeowners insurance party poker antidepressants Golf course cincinnati ohio pregnant pussy Page search engine positioning cambodia Agent farm income insurance s state yearly diagnostic set blood pressure monitor Cadillac palace theater in chicago Accutane attorney andalusia Difference zocor lopid Timeshare properties for sale taxi eyeglass frames eyewear 50 minidv tapes Poker+game+rule 3 9 part performance saab Drugstore sells water pills Chowchilla web site marketing Pilates morristown spam filter

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!